Kicking Ass

"I don't sit around talking to experts because this is a college seminar," 
"We talk to these folks because they potentially have the best answers, so I know whose ass to kick." 
 - President Obama

AP Photo/Charlie Riedel, East Grand Terre Island, LA, 6/3/10 
 Bird covered in oil


I know there are some who deserve the ass-kicking more than others. I  hope they get it. Perhaps they should be, as my 4th grade bus driver used to threaten, "bolied in oil." That being said, I think all Americans need an ass kicking, Mr. Obama. Our entire society is implicated in this most horrendous disaster. We all need to change our ways. Myself included. Petroleum is used not just for gas but in materials such as plastic and wax, used to package items we consume on a daily basis. There is much re-thinking and re-vising we need to do.

You can start by signing a petition to end America's dependence on oil here. Carry an aluminum water bottle so you use less plastic already.  Stop taking so many napkins with your to-go lunch, people in Chicago, I see you! Those come from trees! Do you really need 7 napkins? Are you really that big of a slob? Then maybe you should get a bib! If I fly into a rage at your napkin use, people who eat lunch at the (thankfully somewhat eco-friendly) Chase cafeteria, I'm just helping President Obama to kick ass. Let's change our ways and invent new solutions. I'm tired of hauling my recycling home from the office. 

Comments

Popular Posts